For many companies, cooperatives, firms and such, today marks the first day of the new year. Next Wednesday evening is Rosh Hoshana, the start of the High Holidays, the Jewish New Year.
It is a good time for a new beginning, don’t you think? I hereby declare the following New Year’s Resolutions:
* To make a sincere effort to post something of interest in my journal at least once per day. I do not need to be perfect, but I do need to try.
* To make a sincere effort to write something other than journal at least once per day. Again, I do not need to be perfect, but I do need to try.
* To make a sincere effort to explore my creative self more. There are things to photograph, fabrics to sew, images to compose, flowers to coax, textiles to knit, steps to dance, etc.
* To make a sincere effort to love myself more, to take better care of myself and this body that I inhabit. This means I eat better foods, I exercise a little more, and I pay closer attention to my moods than I have been lately.
* To make a sincere effort to show those around me how much I appreciate the joy they add to my life. This means thanking them for being there, but also releasing them when they need to go.
* To make a sincere effort to learn something new every day. Learning something new about myself counts.
I think this is going to be a very good year.